CGA’s top priority is the health, safety, and well-being of all in attendance at the 2021 CGA Conference & Expo. We will continue to follow the guidelines issued by the CDC, as well as state and local officials. We are committed to offering a safe, in-person event and are prepared to implement any new guidelines and protocols necessary at the time of the conference this October.
As of September 29, 2021, here is what you can expect at the 2021 CGA Conference & Expo:
- Keeping our conference attendees safe and healthy is a shared responsibility – please do not attend the conference if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Each morning, via the Conference app “CGA 2021” you will receive a reminder to assess how you are feeling. If you are experiencing any symptoms, you should not attend the conference. The app is available via the Apple and Android app stores.
- CGA encourages mask-wearing whenever you are in close proximity to other attendees. In accordance with CDC guidelines, the City of Orlando recommends that face coverings should be worn when using common areas or when social distancing is not feasible. Review the City of Orlando’s latest guidance here.
- While proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for indoor activities in Orlando, all conference attendees are encouraged to be vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and protect against the risk of severe illness.
- All attendees will be wearing a red, yellow or green dot on their name badge to indicate their comfort level based on the key below. Please be respectful of other attendees and abide by what the dots mean:
- Red dot = No physical contact; we can chat while socially distanced.
- Yellow dot = I am happy to greet you with a fist bump or elbows.
- Green dot = Handshakes are welcome.
- Please wash your hands/use hand sanitizer frequently and follow other CDC-recommended precautions to prevent yourself from getting sick. The staff at our venue, the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld®, will be following cleaning protocols set forth by the CDC, and high-touch areas such as door handles, elevator buttons, etc., will be cleaned more frequently. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the hotel and conference center.
- To reduce crowding around registration areas and increase flow, we will offer extended registration hours in a well-spaced area.
- The conference venue features ample outdoor space for attendees to enjoy between sessions, and attendees can visit an outdoor display provided by USIC. The CGA All-Committee Lunch on Oct. 12 will be held outdoors, and CGA’s Night of Networking on Oct. 14 will take place around the pool deck of the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld®.
CGA is looking forward to hosting a successful in-person event, and we are fully dedicated to making the 2021 CGA Conference & Expo as safe and healthy as possible for all attendees. We will adapt and adjust these measures to meet any new guidelines and requirements leading up to our event. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at CGA@cgaconference.com.